Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Quick update and a few questions

Tuesday Jan 17

Our first full day back with Cadie.  We missed her!  And apparently she missed us.  I had her tethered to me at my desk this morning and Dan went to run a few errands.  She barked and cried as soon as he went in the mud room (which leads to the garage) and closed the door!  Cadie and I went to check it out and I tried to soothe her saying that he was coming back in a calm voice, and petting her when she was calm.  Eventually I just distracted her and we went to make my breakfast.  Then all was well.  


When Dan returned, she was excited but not her normal jumpy self, which was good.  Dan said Hi to me and I don't even think acknowledged her.  We went back to making my breakfast and now she's laying next to me at my desk with a bone.


Good things:
Dan was playing hockey with her in the basement and he started playing catch with her as well.  He would just wait for her to drop the ball and sit (without any instruction) before throwing the ball.  And she caught on quickly enough!  Next time he'll say 'Thank You' when she drops the ball, so that she will eventually drop the ball (or whatever she has) when we say that phrase to her. 






Questions:
-Jumping on, under, over my parents' nine year old (extremely passive) golden.  What gives?  She doesn't do that to other dogs.


-Riding in the car - tips for helping her be calm and stay in the back?  She has improved a lot of the past few months, but there's still definite room for improvement.
 

-Finding/gnawing on everything at grandma's house.  She's much better at home, but we don't have as many exciting things out, she's used to them, and we keep her tethered to us most of the the time.
 

-Bump on the top of her right back hip, doesn't bother her one bit, even if we rub it.  It kinda feels like an inverted 'V'.  We just noticed it last night .  I'm going to try icing it and if it doesn't go down, I'll give the vet a call.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment