Wednesday, January 18, 2012

More Poop

Wednesday January 18
Last night,
I could tell she had to poop, and took her out three times before bed but she was too excited by the snow (maybe) to think about pooping.  So, unfortunately, I woke up to a poopy crate :-(  She's just training us for our baby!  Anyway, we took a short walk, I gave her a bath, then a bone to distract her while I cleaned her crate.
I should have taken her out until she successfully pooped last night, and/or not slept for 9.5 hours. 

I ended up feeding her a bit before 9, and then put her in her crate while I showered.  Took her out to pee and a short (like 2 minutes) walk, then made myself breakfast.  She sat next to me as I ate and worked from 9:30 until 11.  Cadie was in her crate from 11-1, and then she was out while I made and ate lunch.  We stopped outside for a potty break during that time, too, for a quick pee.

We worked on Let's Go, going into the mud room and out the back door (where she goes to the bathroom).  After I had lunch, we went back to the mud room and she stopped before the door!  I didn't even have to say anything, that is great!  We did practice a few more times after that.  I'm sure we'll have to reinforce this a lot before it's fully stuck in her brain, but what a good start!

One thing we need to work on is her jumping, and quickening our reactions to the jumping.  She's often curious what I'm doing on the counter in the kitchen, when I'm pouring her food, or when I'm carrying something.  Luckily she's never put her paws on the kitchen table! 

We took another walk in the afternoon, and she had some more soft serve poop. 

Our question is this... why was she perfectly fine at my parents' house but a day after coming home she's all poopy again? 

No comments:

Post a Comment